Friday 8 April 2011

And so it begins........

This is my first attempt at blogging.  I really wanted to document my building experience so I could reflect and also keep friends and family informed of our progress. 

It all started in early 2010 when my husband and I decided our little single front house in inner Melbourne just wasn't going to suffice for our growing family.  After looking at both established homes and land, we decided the only way to get exactly what we wanted was to build a home for our expanding family.

We sold our house and bought the land at auction in June 2010.  Since then, we have been to numerous volume builders (including Porter Davis and Boutique) and have finally settled on a smaller builder - BH Developments.

I am so excited about the whole process, I have already started buying furniture to decorate my new home; Hubby thinks this is slightly crazy as we are still awaiting settlement on our land!

Anyway... I know I have enjoyed the blogs of my fellow 'Home One Forumites', so heres hoping someone enjoys mine also!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome idea Ambs!!
    I will definitely be watching along the way & can't wait to see the end result.
    Yahhhh come on settlement of the land...
    I'd so be the same as you Ambs buying all the furniture & e'thing, it's EXCITING, why wait!!!
    Love you guys xoxo
    Make sure you keep putting up lots of pics as it comes along!

    ReplyDelete