Saturday 9 April 2011

A little shopping.......

I have embraced all things modern!  For those of you that know me well - you might find this relatively strange, considering I previously owned a period home.

However I have completely fallen in love with the modern look.  Absolutely any furniture designed by Ray and Charles Eames has become my fav.  I have devoured my 'Home Beautiful' from cover to cover and come up with a list of must haves for the new house.

First purchase, was this wonderful white leather Barcelona Chair and Ottoman.  I adore it and can't wait to read my first book lounging on a quiet Sunday afternoon.



Secondly, I just had to have this Organic Chair in Green designed by Eames and Saarinen.



I have decided to go for a monchromatic internal colour scheme accentuated with Green, Yellow and Chrome.

I recently found a site which has helped me discover my inner Interior Designer and unleashed my love for all things considered 'Vintage Modern'.

If you are having trouble deciphering your individual style when it comes to decorating - you have to give it a go it's awesome!

http://www.sproost.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment